Michigan hosted several official visitors in the 2022 class on campus last weekend, but the most important recruit was USC defensive tackle transfer Jay Toia. The former four-star in the 2021 class immediately set up the visit to Ann Arbor after entering the transfer portal, and a report by The Michigan Insider’s Steve Lorenz indicates it went very well ($).
The response from Toia’s camp following the visit was that he “absolutely loved it,” and he reflected that sentiment on Twitter.
The other major player for Toia is UCLA, who hired his former position coach at USC. He unofficially visited the Bruins in the middle of last week before heading to Ann Arbor.
Given he has already taken visits to both schools, a decision could come quickly for Toia. His long-lasting relationship with Shaun Nua could be the deciding factor in swaying the impact contributor from the West Coast.
- Florida pass rusher Micah Pollard gives highlights from Michigan official visit (The Michigan Insider)
- Michigan checked a lot of boxes for 2022 DL Hayden Schwartz (The Michigan Insider)
- Five-star safety recaps first trip to Michigan (The Michigan Insider)
State of Michigan Sports
- Tigers A-ball prospects review: Dillon Dingler and Spencer Torkelson press for promotion (Bless You Boys)
- Detroit Lions sign free agent LB Reggie Gilbert (Pride of Detroit)
- Notes: Lions offensive line unit lands in top 10 (Pride of Detroit)